Sunday, June 30, 2013

San Francisco Dyke March

The ride on BART was hell on earth.  Seriously - the air conditioning was not working!  After enduring half the ride with determination to just get there, we abandoned ship and stepped onto the cool breezy platform and waited for a second train with real actual functioning air conditioning.   Whew.









Dolores Park was chock full of people, music, swag vendors and bacon-wrapped hothogs every 20 feet or so.  Not a Vegan's paradise, but the dogs were really good.

So, this Dyke March, apparently not just for dykes anymore, but oh well.  I've never been to a women's music festival, and I thought this would be akin to that.  But no, lots of dudes. One guy in a mesh bathing suit bottom -- I can never unsee that now that I have seen it.  Argh.''

Never mind, there were plenty of gorgeous woman in various states of undress, proudly showing what the Good Lord gave 'em.



I loved all the folks hanging out their windows with signs and throwing beads to us in the crowd!

I loved all the bare breasted women delighting in their nakedness...hmmm makes me wonder if an all nude Dyke March is in the future.  Not that I would join in, just sayin.....


Estimates were 200,000 attended.  Dolores Park was swamped.  A little too much for me, but I had to try it once, you know?

A good day, all in all.  And certainly my friends that went with me made it a whole lotta fun.  And for a brief moment there, I could fantasize that we did, indeed, take over the world.  Rainbow Warriors, all.