Monday, July 1, 2013

Dawgs

This is one of my all-time favorite animal pictures.  My little three-legged Lucy was being stalked by vicious Shirley (RIP).

I spent time at the SPCA today walking and playing with puppies.  I haven't done that aspect of volunteering for quite awhile, because frankly it tugged at my heart strings too much.  Today, however, since I was already our there doing a delivery, a decided to cuddle some dogs.  Oh!  How I miss them.  I lost all my pets in my divorce, and though I would really love to have Lucy back in my life, I'm guessing my ex would say no.  Lucy is also great good friends with the other dogs in the house, so it would be unfair to pull her apart from her bonded buddies.  But...I do so miss her big dark eyes and warm body that loved to cuddle. 

I think there is a dog in my future...I hope there is.  There's a cute Chihuahua mix at the shelter named Bullet, and he's a quiet, sweet little guy.  It took all my resolve today to walk out of there without the adorable Bullet.  Sigh....